COMMUNITY / ONLINE EVENT
Thursday, May 14, 2020 | 6:30PM – 9PM
TypeThursday Los Angeles & San Francisco Ligatured Together for the First Time in TypeThursday History
This month is a special event where the Los Angeles and San Francisco chapters are partnering together for the first time in TypeThursday History! You’ll be able to mingle with the San Francisco community all from the comfort and safety of your own home, bathroom, garage, or newly fashioned home office, trust us, we’ve seen it all. Bring your favorite cocktails, mocktails or brews, and let’s get social on Zoom LA + SF.
We’re gonna be playing music, and having an informal hang out. Bring some blank paper and drawing tools so you can join in on the fun when we do some improv letter sketching!
- 6:30 PM Socializing with light music, BYOFood&Drinks, and be prepared for our ice breaker question: If you were a font, what font would you be?
- 7:00 PM Salon Discussions. Each Session is 15 mins in total: 10 min discussions between the presenter and the discussion lead. 5 min open discussion with the attendees and the discussion lead.
- 8:00 PM Closing remarks from SF Chapter Lead Winston + Socializing cross communities!
SHARE YOUR WORK
To present projects, submit your files before the TypeThursday event through this form. Your work, if accepted, will be projected onto the wall and the group will help improve your typography! Please do not show any work that is covered under contracts or NDAs, as your presentation will be photographed and shown to the group.
PARTNERS & SPONSORS
TypeThursdayLA is made possible by our generous sponsors:
— Global Partner Hoffmitz Milken Center for Typography
— Event Partner AIGA Los Angeles
TypeThursday Los Angeles proudly sponsored by the Hoffmitz Milken Center for Typography at ArtCenter College of Design. Join us to collaborate and support each other’s design work and improve the integrity of typography. We are celebrating type at the HMCT located within the south campus of Art Center College of Design.
Am I required to show work?
No, but you’re welcome to come and learn. We do encourage participating in the critiques and asking questions that would benefit the presenters and the community.
I want to present work! What can I present at the event?
Bring your work-in-progress projects that are typographic in nature or utilize type in some fashion. Anything where graphic designers can help you. Some examples:
- UI/UX: An App or Site that utilizes typographic elements
- Lettering: Sketches and directions for a lettering assignment
- Typeface: Proofs showcasing large renders of the letters, spacing proofs, etc.
- Layout: Multi-page compositions that handle large areas of type
Where can I contact the organizer with any questions?
Email TypeThursdayLA organizer Matheo Cadena at firstname.lastname@example.org
Once registered via Eventbrite, an email will be sent out on Thursday at 6:00pm with the Zoom meeting information.