Thursday, January 16, 2020 | 6:00PM – 9:00PM
General Assembly DTLA
360 E. 2nd Street, Suite 400 | Los Angeles, CA 90012
ABOUT THIS EVENT
Type Something Up!
TypeThursday is a monthly meetup focused on the discussion of work-in-progress letterform projects, as well as a place to network and nerd out with other type enthusiasts. Think of your in-classroom critique, but instead, you get feedback from industry professionals (and get pizza!)
Venue: General Assembly DTLA, 360 East 2nd Street, Suite 400
• 6:00pm Socializing with light music, food and drinks.
• 7:00pm The Salon Discussions. Each Session is 15 mins in total: 5-minute discussions between the presenter and the discussion lead. 10-minute open discussion with the attendees and the discussion lead.
• 8:15pm Socializing with light music, food and drinks.
SHARE YOUR WORK
To present projects, submit your files before the TypeThursday event through this form. Your work, if accepted, will be projected onto the wall and the group will help improve your typography! Please do not show any work that is covered under contracts or NDAs, as your presentation will be photographed and shown to the group.
PARTNERS & SPONSORS
TypeThursdayLA is made possible by our generous sponsors:
• Global Partner Hoffmitz Milken Center for Typography (HMCT)
• Event Partner AIGA Los Angeles
TypeThursday Los Angeles proudly sponsored by the Hoffmitz Milken Center for Typography at ArtCenter College of Design. Join us to collaborate and support each other’s design work and improve the integrity of typography. We are celebrating type at the HMCT located within the south campus of Art Center College of Design.
Am I required to show work?
No, but you’re welcome to come and learn. We do encourage participating in the critiques and asking questions that would benefit the presenters and the community.
I want to present work! What can I present at the event?
Bring your work-in-progress projects that are typographic in nature or utilize type in some fashion. Anything where graphic designers can help you. Some examples:
• UI/UX: An App or Site that utilizes typographic elements
• Lettering: Sketches and directions for a lettering assignment
• Typeface: Proofs showcasing large renders of the letters, spacing proofs, etc.
• Layout: Multi-page compositions that handle large areas of type
Where can I contact the organizer with any questions?
Email TypeThursdayLA organizer Alexey Staroselets: alexeystar[at]gmail.com
For more information, visit TypeThursday Los Angeles.