AIGA Los Angeles is putting together a premier mentorship program made up of our communities most experienced and talented professionals.
We have crafted a turn key program for an engaging ONE to ONE mentoring experience. We have assembled some of our communities most talented and influential creative professionals to share their experience and insights with a small group of our AIGA members.
The date above, Friday, June 12, 2015 11:30 PM, is the deadline to apply to be a mentee.
1 to 1 Mentorship Program If selected, you will be paired up with a mentor based on matching interests.
Meeting ScheduleThe program is designed for SIX meetings over the course of twelve weeks. Plan to meet once, every two weeks.
The program encourages all participants to focus their time in one of the four tracks below. This will help us connect you to a mentor best suited for your goals. It will also help provide direction for your time together.
Career Switchers This track is for those looking to make changes to their existing career path.
Business Builders Ideal for freelancers, solopreneurs or business owners wanting to take their business to the next level.
Creative Voice For those who want to focus on discovering their creative voice or mastering their craft.
Design Leader Perfect for those looking to become a leader in the design community.
How To Participate
1. Apply by answering the questions on our registration page. Tell us about yourself, the mentorship areas you are interested in and what you are looking for in a mentor. Mentee applications close June 12, 2015.
2. Meet the Required Program Criteria. Review the criteria (listed below) to ensure eligibility.
Space is extremely limited. Please be sure to review the required criteria for the program.
- AIGA member, active, in good standing
- Los Angeles chapter member
- Be local to the Los Angeles area
- Minimum 2 years professional experience
- LinkedIn profile or online resume detailing experience
- Provide online portfolio
- Able and willing to commit to agreed meeting schedule with mentor
$20 Member’s Application Fee (non-refundable)
In an effort to ensure a fair and unbiased selection process, mentorship program participants will be based on meeting the program criteria (listed above), quality of applicant answers and the number of available mentors in the chosen track. Finalists will then be randomly awarded a mentor via lottery.
If you are selected to participate, you will be invited to a meet and greet kick off event. Event to be held on June 18, 2015. Accepted applicants will be notified via email shortly after the June 12 application closing deadline.