You already know how important contracts are to your creative endeavors.
Despite that, approaching the subject of contracts can be intimidating. In this workshop, geared towards freelance creatives and small agencies, we will work together to understand contracts and see how they can be used as a tool to do better work, make more money and keep clients happy.
This workshop will teach the basics of how contracts work, how to approach contract negotiation as a collaborative process, explain important and common contract clauses and offer guidance on when and how to seek help drafting or enforcing contracts.
Date: Saturday, October 5th, 2013| Time: 9AM-1PM | Venue: Hub LA 830 Traction Ave. #3A, Los Angeles, CA 90013 | REGISTER – AIGA members can use the following code for a $10 discount: AIGALAMEMBER
Here is just a sample of the topics that will be covered:
• What a contract is and how it is formed.
• How contracts are structured.
• Common contract clauses.
• Typical issues in creative contracts.
• How to approach contracts with your clients in a non-adverserial way.
• Using online signing services to make the process painless.
• How to find and adapt basic contracts.
• How to enforce contracts.
• How to work with an attorney to draft, modify and enforce contracts.
“Contracts for Creative Professionals” is the first in a series of workshops designed to explain legal concepts that creatives need to know. Future workshops will explore topics such as copyrights, trademarks and business formation.
Semi-Aware helps creative professionals make more money, do better work and keep their clients happy by providing legal and business tools specifically tailored to the needs of freelance creators and small agencies. Follow Semi-Aware on Twitter or ‘LIKE’ them on Facebook.