ABOUT AIGA LA
On Monday June 6, 2022, the AIGA Los Angeles membership approved a restatement of our chapter bylaws, the legal document that dictates how our association is governed. This restatement included the addition of a new role on the AIGA Los Angeles board: President-Elect.
The President-Elect’s service overlaps with the incumbent President’s term to help with the transition of leadership before the President-Elect takes their seat as chapter President at the start of the following term date.
To be in alignment with the governing document of our non-profit, the role of President-Elect is now open for nominations! The person nominated to this role will become chapter president for one term beginning June 1, 2023 and ending May 31, 2025.
We believe that as an organization we should reflect the community we serve with diversity of professional backgrounds, experience levels, age, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, ability statuses, and nationality.
JOIN THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS
APPLICATIONS/NOMINATIONS ACCEPTED NOW THROUGH 11:59PM, FRIDAY, JANUARY 27, 2023
The AIGA Los Angeles Board of Directors are the governing body elected by its members, which holds the association in trust for AIGA LA’s community. Each board member is elected to serve the public good and act in the best interest of the organization and help fulfill its mission. The board of directors meet monthly to report, determine, and vote on chapter activities.
HOW TO APPLY / SUBMIT A NOMINATION:
- Submit a letter of intent: Please submit a one-page letter of intent explaining why you (or the person you are nominating) are interested in the role and what skills make you (or them) qualified.
- Resume: Submit the nominee’s current resume and contact information.
- Two references: May be from current or former supervisors and/or colleagues.
- Save the Date: Qualified nominees will be contacted to be interviewed by the Nominating Committee. Nominees are asked to be available between January 30 through February 12 for a scheduled online/phone interview with the Nominating Committee.
SUBMIT A NOMINATION / APPLY HERE
President-Elect Start/End Date: February 9, 2023 – May 31, 2023
Chapter President Start/End Date: June 1, 2023 – May 31, 2025
As an officer of the Board of Directors, the President directs all chapter activities, programs and services, sets the strategic vision and long-term goals of the organization, presides at all board and business meetings, and acts as the chapter’s primary advocate. It is strongly preferred that candidates for President have prior experience serving on a board of directors for an AIGA chapter, but all candidates are welcome and considered.
- Ensures that the chapter continuously strives to achieve its vision and mission
- Responsible for making sure the chapter abides by its bylaws
- Provides mentorship and guidance for board members and helps them work towards their goals
YOU ARE SOMEONE WHO…
- loves enabling people to do their best work.
- is eager to give back to the design community.
- enjoys planning, overseeing, and leading projects from ideation through completion collaboratively with a team.
SUBMIT A NOMINATION / APPLY HERE–
Thank you in advance for your nominations! AIGA LA owes its success to the talented members of our board and our volunteers. We are grateful for your interest!
Nomination Deadline: 11:59PM on Friday, January 27, 2023
If you have additional questions, please contact us at: email@example.com.
All nominations will be presented to the Nominating Committee, which will meet and determine a recommended slate of directors to present to the membership-at-large for approval. Nominees need not be an AIGA member at the time of nomination but will be required to join AIGA as a member if elected to a board position.
Artwork created by Jessy V. Castillo