Immediate chapter needs include (click the position to jump down to the description):
AIGA LA is a volunteer-run organization, and our success is directly related to the involvement of people just like you. Volunteering is the best way to build your professional network, grow your leadership skills, and make an impact on your community.
Volunteers are needed to craft our communication materials and to maintain our social media presence. Membership volunteers help us reach out to our current and future members and better support their needs and interests. Event volunteers are needed on a frequent basis at events in the areas of registration, preparation of give-away materials, ushering, and light food service. Generally, you are asked to arrive an hour before the presentation begins, you’re introduced to your fellow volunteers, and you get to work on setting up the event. At show time, you’re on your own to enjoy the presentation.
Looking to sign up for specific events? Please sign up here. This form is updated on a regular basis.
If you’d like to volunteer in a specific committee, please complete the contact form at the bottom of this page and let us know which one of our committees is of most interest to you. We look forward to meeting you!
Questions about volunteering? Contact Julie Manthey.
Master of the art of human connection and persuasive prowess, with enviable storytelling abilities. Catalyst in making a heartfelt connection between the media and the people who truly benefit from and care about AIGA community and events.
- Develop strategic press positioning for all AIGA chapter programs and events
- Support Communications Director in program content writing
- Create, influence and respond to relevant news within the design industry and AIGA community
- Communicate with media outlets and extend invitations to attend and write about AIGA events
- Partner with outside community partners to post invitations on calendars and share content
- Cultivate media outreach including bloggers, magazines and online community websites
- Collaborate with Social Media Manager to ensure all upcoming events are being efficiently promoted
- Assign Live-Tweeters, Photographers, Interviewers, Writers and Bloggers for all events
This is a Board of Directors-level position. Contact us to learn more.
The Finance Chair works with the Treasurer to ensure the responsible management of the Chapter’s financial resources. This may include running monthly budget reports, overseeing our bookkeeper, and assisting in short-term and long-term budget planning and forecasting. Ideal for a student or a freelancer interested in learning more about standard accounting practices while building a strong network of LA designers.
Our guest blog series is a dedicated to sharing stories from individuals that span the breadth of creative disciplines in L.A. Perfect for strong writers with a perspective to share.
An Event Chair is the driving force behind any event. It is a strategic and managerial role, where oversight and planning are key. It is also an administrative and tactical support position. For most events, the Event Chair will work with Event Directors. They will also interact regularly with the Engagement Director and Communications Committee.
- Help Event Directors oversee the event budget, catering, and all tactical day of needs
- Provide regular updates to Event Directors and Co-Directors
- In charge of check-in and on-site registration the day of the event
- Oversee tactical aspects of event production as needed (food, beverage, lighting, a/v)
Social media experts passionate about live-capturing the excitement and action of AIGA events and programs throughout the year. Engages followers in real-time conversation to attract event attendance and buzz, and brings breaking news updates in record time.
Artist with the drive to unfold an event in action and tell a story through photography. Coordinates all footage with Archivist to help distribute the memories to members and our design community via Flickr, Facebook and Tumblr.
Spirited volunteer with exceptional interpersonal skills that can draw the best out of anyone. Individual will conduct conversational and personable interviews at events, and spotlights the most beneficial messaging for AIGA members and our design community. Will partner with the PR Manager to post interviews to online portals to share these incredible stories with all those that will benefit from the conversations.
Interested in any of these positions? Please let us know. Fill out the form below and we’ll be in touch!